Meetinghouse Apartments offers garbage disposals in every apartment and townhouse. These are huge time and mess savers but they are often misused causing clogs and even breakage. We have compiled a list of best practices that should help to keep your kitchen sink running smoothly.
1) Keep your disposal clean. Run it with a little water and soap after washing dishes.
2) Run your disposal regularly to prevent rust and corrosion.
3) Grind food with a strong flow of cold water.
4) Grind peelings from citrus fruits to freshen up any unwanted drain smells.
5) Cut larger items into smaller pieces before putting them into the disposal.
6) NEVER put the following items into the disposal:
-Glass, plastic, metal or paper
-Grease, oil or fat
-Extremely fibrous material like corn husks, celery stalks, onion skins, and artichokes
Please remember, we are always here for you if you are having any issues with your garbage disposal. The Meetinghouse office is open 7 days a week and you can reach us at (610) 485-5838.